Before you can add a new tax rate in StoreMantis make sure you understand how taxes work in StoreMantis. Also, you will need to set up a Geo Zone to apply that tax rate to. Once you have done both of these steps you’re now ready to add a new tax rate to your shopping cart.
- Log into StoreMantis Dashboard
- Go to System > Localisation > Taxes > Tax Rates
- Click “Insert” to create a new tax rate and fill in the applicable fields
- Tax Name: Give your new tax rate a name
- Tax Rate: This is the amount of tax to apply
- Type: Choose the type of tax to apply (percentage or fixed amount)
- Customer Group: Decide who this tax applies to based on the Customer Group
- Geo Zone: decide what Geo Zone the tax rate applies to
- Click “Save” once you are satisfied with your selections
You have now added a new tax rate to StoreMantis. Now you can add the tax rate to a tax class so it will be applied to any product that belongs to that specific tax class.